Friday, May 1, 2009

M4N78

Q.Recently I bought this motherboard to build my new system. When I connect my new SATA hard disk to SATA5 or SATA6 port, this hard drive is not detected in BIOS or Windows. However, BIOS can detect my hard disk successfully when I connect this hard drive to SATA1 ~ SATA3 port. If I changed the SATA mode option from SATA mode to AHCI mode or RAID mode, the hard disk can be detected in BIOS even when I connect the hard drive to SATA5 or SATA6 port. Is it normal?


A.Yes, it is normal. Due to the chipset limitation, the SATA5 and SATA6 does not support SATA mode. These two ports support only RAID mode and AHCI mode. If you would like to use your hard drive in SATA mode, please avoid using SATA5 and SATA6 ports at location indicated in the diagram below.

No comments:

Post a Comment