1. Launch Regedit. (See more details on starting regedit)
2. Navigate to:HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\winlogon Set: AutoAdminLogon = 1 (one means on, zero means off)
3. Tip: Try Regedit's 'Find': AutoAdminLogon
4. Create a new String Value called DefaultPasswordSet: DefaultPassword = "P@ssw0rd"
5. Check for the existence of a REG_SZ called DefaultUserName. The value should reflect the user who you wish to logon automatically. If this value does not exist, then right-click in the right pane, New, REG_SZ, name it, DefaultUserName. Set the string value to the required UserName.
6. Optional Item: If your Vista Machine has joined a domain, then create a String Value called DefaultDomainName. Set: DefaultDomainName = "OnlyYouKnowDomain"